Tyvek® Cargo Covers: Excellent Protection Against Temperature Excursions
- Test samples – Low thermal mass (110 liters water, liqui-pack) euro sized pallets, each protected with a different cover.
- Covers tested – Tyvek® low emissivity cover and pre-formed metallized bubble wrap cover.
- Control – No protective cover.
Pallet configuration – 18 15”x15”x15” boxes stacked 3Wx2Dx3H; stretch wrapped on sides only for load stabilization.
- Air and product temperatures measured at top center, south face center, & top southeast and southwest corners.
- Test conducted in Florida, November 2012.
- Full sun exposure with ambient high temperature of 31°C (88°F).
All technical information set out herein is provided free of charge and is based on technical data which DuPont believes to be reliable. It is intended for use by persons having skill, at their own discretion and risk. The handling precaution information contained herein is given with the understanding that those using it will satisfy themselves that their particular conditions of use present no health or safety hazards. Since conditions of product use are outside of our control we make no warranties express or implied in relation thereto and therefore cannot accept any liability in connection with any use of this information. Nothing herein is to be taken as a license to operate under, or a recommendation to infringe any patents.
To maintain efficacy, DuPont™ Tyvek™ air cargo covers must be stored in the original package under dry, normal temperature conditions. DuPont™ Tyvek™ air cargo covers have been designed for one-time or limited use in line with sanitary regulations and pest management best practices. Sufficient pre-cooling and correct temperature management from start of the cool chain is essential for optimal performance. DuPont is not liable for product damage during the use of the cover.
Copyright © 2014 DuPont. All rights reserved. The DuPont Oval Logo, DuPont™, Tyvek™ and Tyvek® are trademarks or registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company or its affiliates.
Technology by blueye® is a registered trademark of Blueye, LLC.