Cyrel® DSP High Performance Plate
DuPont™ Cyrel® Performance Plate DSP is the digital plate of choice for those segments requiring superior solid ink density and long tonal range across a broad range of packaging segments. DSP has been designed to perform with a wide array of substrates and inks.
Featuring a unique, engineered plate surface, the Cyrel® DSP Performance Plate does not require any modification to the main UV exposure step and performs well with standard flexo CTP units. There is no need for special films or laminates and standard prepress workflows can be used.
Cyrel® DSP offers many distinct advantages including:
- superior solid ink density
- long tonal range
- smoother ink laydown with dramatic reduction in graininess
- minimal dot gain and dot size
Gravure Like Quality
Cyrel® DSP enables flexible packaging printer-converters to achieve quality that is indistinguishable from gravure printing while improving sustainability and realizing significant productivity benefits including:
- Improved press uptime
- Reduced start-up waste
- Ability to shift to extended gamut printing
- Solids and screens can be combined on same plate
- Reduced ink consumption
- Flexible packaging
- Tag & Label
- Carrier bags
- Folding cartons
- Pre-print liner
- Beverage cartons
- Exceptional ink transfer provides smooth, high density solids while maintaining the highest quality highlights.
- Results in outstanding contrast and dynamic range.
- Long tonal range and high ink density means Cyrel® DSP is a true combination plate, suitable for a variety of segments.
- Rugged and clean printing for long, uninterrupted print runs.
- Less make ready time on press, comes up to colour quickly.
- Sharp type and open reverses.
- Low dot gain.
- High resistance to ozone and white light results in excellent storage capability.
- For optimum performance, we recommend Pixel+.