Proven Engineering Thermoplastics for Your Toughest Challenges
DuPont thermoplastics offer high-quality performance materials, backed by a skilled global team focused on collaborative application development.
DuPont is working with customers to make thermoplastics better. From better products and processes to better business and social outcomes, DuPont performance materials and applications resources are focused on making things better at every point in the value chain.
Whether the challenge is durability, stiffness, workability, finish or strength, our broad range of thermoplastics support design freedom, without sacrificing performance. And our application resources are equally mindful of performance, timing and cost-effectiveness with each project, in industries from automotive to electronics, consumer goods to industrial markets.
Wherever you have engineering, molding or manufacturing operations, DuPont is ready to help, with locally based technical support in 65 countries and production/compounding sites strategically placed in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
- Medical Device Materials
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems
- Window Regulator Lifterplate Applications from Delrin®
- Cable Insulation and Jacketing
- Chassis suspension Systems
- Oil Pan and Cylinder Head Cover Gaskets
- Thermoplastic Tubing and Elastomeric Hose
- Electronic & Electrical Connectors
- Innovative Furniture Design
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
Hytrel® for Medical Tubing
Hytrel® fulfills plastic medical tubing requirements for flexibility, compliance with purity standards, toughness & resistance to flex fatigue, to a wide range of chemicals, and to traditional medical sterilization procedures.
- Headlight bezels made from Crastin®
- Zytel® HTN for Electronic Devices
- Lighter Engine Cover Components
Hub Bushings For Copiers
Hub bushings designed using DuPont™ Vespel® and Minlon® keep copiers running smoothly.
- High Flex Cable for Bridges
- Polymers for Better Injection Devices
- Durable Rail Pads for Freight Lines
- Protecting Drivers With Zytel® RS
- Cost-effective photovoltaic junction box housings
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Vehicle Safety Solutions
Buy Vespel® Custom Parts & Stock Shapes
For Vespel® Custom Parts, DuPont engineers work with part designers to customize the production method and material for desired end-use results. DuPont engineers may recommend fabricating a finished part from Authentic Vespel® stock shapes for prototypes, small quantities or complex geometries.
Powerplant Coolant Systems
PPA materials offer great resistance to hydrolysis and moisture and they are relied upon for cost effective applications such as water inlets/outlets, thermostat housings, water pumps and impellers
PA long chain nylon alternatives
DuPont has been working on PA12 alternatives and has established global development and supply teams to work with customers to quickly qualify alternative materials for use in many automotive and industrial components.
- Polymer Properties Guide
Plastic Design Solutions
Examples of innovative plastic design solutions created by DuPont, in collaboration with customers worldwide.
- Powering Sustainable Mobility
- CV Joint Boot Performance
Low-Friction Mechanical Plastics
DuPont™ Vespel® parts and shapes and DuPont™ Delrin® acetal resin are high-strength, low-friction mechanical plastics that deliver performance for automotive, consumer, and industrial applications.
- Supporting Sustainable Mobility
- Automotive Thermal Management
- Alternative Drive Vehicles