Proven Engineering Thermoplastics for Your Toughest Challenges
DuPont thermoplastics offer high-quality performance materials, backed by a skilled global team focused on collaborative application development.
DuPont is working with customers to make thermoplastics better. From better products and processes to better business and social outcomes, DuPont performance materials and applications resources are focused on making things better at every point in the value chain.
Whether the challenge is durability, stiffness, workability, finish or strength, our broad range of thermoplastics support design freedom, without sacrificing performance. And our application resources are equally mindful of performance, timing and cost-effectiveness with each project, in industries from automotive to electronics, consumer goods to industrial markets.
Wherever you have engineering, molding or manufacturing operations, DuPont is ready to help, with locally based technical support in 65 countries and production/compounding sites strategically placed in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Medical Device Materials
- Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
- Window Regulator Lifterplate Applications from Delrin®
- Oil Pan and Cylinder Head Cover Gaskets
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems
- Chassis suspension Systems
- Thermoplastic Tubing and Elastomeric Hose
- Cable Insulation and Jacketing
- Electrical & Electronic Plastics
- Electronic & Electrical Connectors
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- Lighter Engine Cover Components
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
Hytrel® for Medical Tubing
Hytrel® fulfills plastic medical tubing requirements for flexibility, compliance with purity standards, toughness & resistance to flex fatigue, to a wide range of chemicals, and to traditional medical sterilization procedures.
- Headlight bezels made from Crastin®
- Zytel® HTN for Electronic Devices
- Protecting Drivers With Zytel® RS
- Keep On Running With DuPont™ Hytrel®
- Durable Rail Pads for Freight Lines
- High Flex Cable for Bridges
- Polymers for Better Injection Devices
- Office Seating Uses Flexible Plastic
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Vehicle Safety Solutions
- Alternative Drive Vehicles
- CV Joint Boot Performance
Innovation Centers Featuring Polymers
DuPont Performance Polymers brings global knowledge to local application development at innovation center facilities located in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Low-Friction Mechanical Plastics
DuPont™ Vespel® parts and shapes and DuPont™ Delrin® acetal resin are high-strength, low-friction mechanical plastics that deliver performance for automotive, consumer, and industrial applications.
Plastic Design Solutions
Examples of innovative plastic design solutions created by DuPont, in collaboration with customers worldwide.
- Supporting Sustainable Mobility
Powerplant Coolant Systems
PPA materials offer great resistance to hydrolysis and moisture and they are relied upon for cost effective applications such as water inlets/outlets, thermostat housings, water pumps and impellers
- Powering Sustainable Mobility
- Polymer Properties Guide
PA long chain nylon alternatives
DuPont has been working on PA12 alternatives and has established global development and supply teams to work with customers to quickly qualify alternative materials for use in many automotive and industrial components.
- Automotive Thermal Management