Collaborative Solutions From DuPont Performance Polymers
DuPont is a leader in thermoplastics, elastomers, finished parts and biopolymers, combining groundbreaking material science with global access.
At DuPont Performance Polymers, we are working with customers to make things better. From products and processes that work better to innovations that help make business and society better.
We tackle big challenges where performance really matters, including finding renewable polymer feedstocks sourced from non-food biomass and other means to reduce dependence on fossil fuel. Our work supports more sustainable mobility, through automotive fuel efficiency, improved production in manufacturing operations, robust connections for personal communications as well as progressive design in healthcare and furnishings.
As the company that invented Nylon, Neoprene, and Kevlar®, DuPont has a deep commitment to research and development that continues today. DuPont is a global collaborator acting locally, with technical support focused in 65 countries, and manufacturing facilities strategically placed across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Automotive Air Ducts and Turbocharger Hoses
- Chassis suspension Systems
- Medical Device Materials
- Vespel® in Automotive Parts
- Kalrez® Seals for Semiconductor Processing
- Photovoltaic Panels and Parts
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Polymers For Appliances
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems
- Window Regulator Lifterplate Applications from Delrin®
- Electrical & Electronic Plastics
- DuPont™ Sorona®
- Kalrez® perfluoroelastomer parts
- Rynite® PET Polyester Resin
- Crastin® PBT Thermoplastic Polyester Resin
- Vespel® Parts & Shapes
- Zytel® nylon resin
- Hytrel® TPC-ET thermoplastic polyester elastomer
- Delrin® acetal resin
- Minlon® mineral reinforced nylon resin
- Vamac® ethylene acrylic elastomers
- Elvamide® nylon multipolymer resins
- Hytrel® 30 years of Innovation in CVJ Boots
- Pharmaceutical Seals for CIP and SIP
- Automotive Sustainable Fibers
- Materials for Vehicle Lighting Systems
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.
Respiratory Drug Unit Dose Packaging
DuPont™ 20 series resins are proven for use in unit dose packaging for medications used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma and listed in FDA Drug Master Files.
Sealing Collaboration Pays Dividends in Chamber Cleaning
Chamber cleaning with NF3 / O2 plasma increased maintenance at Spansion due to seal erosion. Kalrez® 9100 parts improved productivity and reduced cost-of-ownership. Kalrez® 9100 parts were successfully qualified in both thin films and dry etch tools.
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
- Vespel® CR-6100 Boiler Pumps
- Vespel® SP-21 Thrust Washers
Hub Bushings For Copiers
Hub bushings designed using DuPont™ Vespel® and Minlon® keep copiers running smoothly.