Tyvek® – Because It Makes the Difference
Protective suits may look the same, but only from a distance. The unique DuPont™ Tyvek® fabric has been offering superior protection when it matters for Type 4, 5 or 6 protective coveralls in Europe for the past 20 years.
Touch any garment from the comprehensive Tyvek® product range, such as Tyvek® Classic Xpert, and you will notice the difference. Invented and manufactured exclusively by DuPont, Tyvek® is a unique and versatile material that is tough, yet extremely light and soft. It is permeable to both air and water vapour, yet repels water-based liquids and aerosols. It acts as an excellent barrier against fine particles and fibres. It is ultra-low-linting and also antistatically treated.
Tyvek® is a unique nonwoven fabric that comes with inherent protection that’s engineered right in. There are no films, and no laminates that can abrade or wear away over time – Tyvek® is maintaining wearer protection during use. Designed for an optimal balance of protection, durability and comfort, Tyvek® protective apparel is ideal for a wide range of jobs. From spray painting to handling lead or asbestos abatement, their ergonomic design helps keep workers safe and effective when the going gets rough. It is also devoid of fillers or additives and is silicon-free.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Industrial Protective Clothing
- Oil and Gas Personal Protective Equipment
- Protective Apparel for Pharmaceutical Industry
- Cleanroom Applications
- Chemical and Biological Hazard Protection
- Food Processing Personal Protective Equipment
- Bodyshop - Personal Protective Equipment
- Paint Personal Protective Equipment
- Decontamination and Remediation
- Personal Protection in the Petrochemical and Chemical Industry
- Industrial Cleaning Services
- Personal Protection in Agriculture
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Advantages of DuPont™ Tyvek® for the pharmaceutical industry
DuPont protective garments provide reliable protection of workers as well as sensitive pharmaceutical processes and products, based on scientific expertise in people protection and unique properties of the lightweight and durable Tyvek® fabric.
Clean Room Apparel Trends Seminar
2017 CLEAN ROOM APPAREL TRENDS SEMINAR will focus on the International trends in clean room apparel and the Global FDA and GMP challenges, we will share solutions to overcome the challenges of home and clean room apparel maintenance, as well as to optimize sterile processes. We hope this seminar could serve as platform for valuable information and technologies sharing.
Cleanroom Protection with Tyvek® Protective Apparel
Contamination protection for products and processes in cleanrooms requires effective particle barrier clothing, while personal protection from hazardous substances requires an effective defence against biological and chemical substances. Tyvek® protective apparel covers such cleanroom protection needs very well.
Trends in chemical protective clothing: High wearer comfort, multiple protection and integration of additional functions
At A+A 2015 DuPont Personal Protection offers an insight into current developments in chemical protective clothing
- How to dress and undress a protective coverall
- Professor Tytonius Discusses Fabric Specification
Prof. Tytonius on Chemical Protection
Professor Tytonius describes the chemical protection properties of Tyvek® fabric, MP (Microporous Film) and SMS (Spunbond-Meltblown-Spunbond), with particular regard to penetration and permeation performance.
- Prof. Tytonius on Protection in Use
- Professor Tytonius
- DuPont™ Tyvek® IsoClean® clean-processed and sterile unhooded coverall, model IC 183 B – option DS
- Packaging for CE-certified DuPont™ Tyvek® IsoClean® garments
- DuPont™ Tyvek® IsoClean®