Our end-to-end, global design and development expertise and broad product portfolio lead to innovative, cost-effective packaging solutions.
DuPont collaborates with equipment manufacturers, converters, brand owners and retailers to develop application-specific packaging solutions. Our packaging technologies range from packaging resins and sealants to anti-counterfeit solutions, non-woven substrates, and grease-resistant coatings.
Key benefits of DuPont packaging solutions include: seal integrity across a broad range of temperatures and difficult conditions, controlled adhesion for peelable seals, bonding dissimilar materials, microbial barriers that maintain sterility, and barrier resin properties that preserve freshness and extend shelf life.
Our end-to-end approach helps customers create cost-effective, high-performance packaging that meets consumer demand for safe products that reduce waste.
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.
Respiratory Drug Unit Dose Packaging
DuPont™ 20 series resins are proven for use in unit dose packaging for medications used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma and listed in FDA Drug Master Files.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Heat Sealing Guidelines
- Guidelines for Printing on Tyvek®
- Tyvek® Resists Punctures
- Low Lint Means Reduced Risk
- Low Risk of Device Contamination
- Proven Microbial Barrier Protection
Seaming and sealing
Learn more about technical information related to seaming and sealing for Industrial Packaging.
- Tyvek® Plays Role in HAI Prevention
- Rigorous Quality Control
- Wet or Dry, Tyvek® Outperforms Paper
- Tyvek® vs. Medical-Grade Papers
Tyvek® Retains Sterility after Aging
After terminal sterilization, Tyvek® can maintain the sterility of medical devices for at least five years, enhancing the sustainability of a medical product because it can be stored for long periods with no need to re-sterilize or re-package.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Lidstock for Thermoformed Trays
- Tyvek® for Steam Sterilizable Bags
- Tyvek® Roll Stock for Form-Fill-Seal
- Syringe Packaging with Tyvek®
- Protective, Clean Peel Pouches
- Custom Medical Packaging Solutions
- Active Materials Packaging
- Food Packaging
- Electronics Packaging
- Protective Covers
- Industrial Bags and Sacks
- Tyvek® Medical Packaging Transition