Better, Stronger and Safer with Kevlar® Fiber
It’s about daring bigger, pushing limits, being courageous, and helping keep people safe —DuPont™ Kevlar®.
DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fiber allows people to Dare Bigger. It’s used to make a variety of clothing, accessories, and equipment safe and cut resistant. It’s lightweight, durable and extraordinarily strong. Yes, it’s best known for its use in ballistic and stab-resistant body armor, as Kevlar® brand aramid fiber continues to evolve and allow heroes to be heroes. But it’s also on the ski slopes, the switchback trails, in demanding desert terrain, even the outer limits of space.
Invented almost 50 years ago, DuPont™ Kevlar® continues to take on new challenges, with our scientists continuously innovating and working on a range of new opportunities through collaborations with communities, industrial manufacturers, and governments. Together we’re bringing the strength, durability and performance of Kevlar® to new frontiers. Kevlar® aramid fiber is pushing boundaries and defying obstacles every day. Kevlar® is allowing everyone to Dare Bigger™.
- MCR Safety Launches New Glove with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks off 50th Anniversary
- DuPont™ Kevlar® in Mining Provides Increased Productivity
- DPT Announces Winners of Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
- DuPont Announces Millionth Vest Made with DuPont™ Kevlar® XP™
- Bold Brand Campaign for DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks-Off with ESPN X Games
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Industrial Protective Clothing
- Marine Composites
- Reebok® Crossfit® Gear made with Kevlar®
- Aerospace, Marine, & Rail
- Safe and durable protective motorcycle apparel
- Conveyor Belts for Mining
- Consumer Products made with Kevlar®
- Kevlar® for stronger Brake Pads, Clutches and Gaskets
- Adhesives, Sealants, & Coatings
- Ropes & Cables
- Automotive Components Reinforcements
- Honeycomb Composites — Aerospace & Marine
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Industrial Gloves made with Kevlar®
- Kevlar® XP™ technology for Soft Body Armor
- Belts made with Kevlar® K29 AP
- Kevlar® Armor Technology
- Kevlar® Clean Technology
- Kevlar® Fibers
- Kevlar® Cut Technology
- Kevlar® AP
- Kevlar® Aramid Pulp
- Kevlar® XP™ for Hard Armor Technology
- Vehicle Armor Made with Kevlar® fiber
- Kevlar® Engineered Elastomer
- DuPont Kevlar® Conveyor Belt Carcass
Fuel Hose & Tubing Solutions
Products from DuPont, including DuPont™ Viton®, DuPont™ Teflon®, DuPont™ Kevlar®, and DuPont™ Hypalon®, help improve F200 fuel hose and tubing performance, for proven gains in permeation resistance in automobiles.
Case Study: Cooling System Hoses
DuPont™ Vamac® and DuPont™ Kevlar® work together to help create cooling system hoses with exceptional strength, chemical resistance, and durability in automobiles.