DuPont™ Tyvek® Supro Roof Underlay
Drawing from more than 20 years international manufacturing experience in the field of construction, DuPont™ Tyvek® Supro is a roof underlay that has been proven worldwide to be durable and to perform in extreme environments.
An underlay is a key component of the roofing structure, and provides an important element in the weather tightness of a roof cladding system. The underlay acts as a secondary barrier to water ingress from the external environment while also helping to control internally generated moisture. Their function in terms of building durability is important and their on-going performance needs to be preserved to guarantee the life of the building.
An underlay needs to:
- Resist water and air penetration from above
- Facilitate water vapour transmission from within by retaining and releasing condensed water as required
- Protect insulation – thus promoting energy efficiency
The long-term performance of any underlay (Kraft or synthetic) can be highly dependent on the environmental conditions it is exposed to within the roof cavity. Condensation and moisture related issues can be managed by careful consideration of the roof design, ventilation used and climatic conditions of the area. Refer to the DuPont™ Tyvek® Supro technical datasheet for specific requirements.
DuPont™ Tyvek® Supro – a proven history of performance
Released in 1990, DuPont™ Tyvek® Supro is an original synthetic underlay and has a globally proven history of performance of over 20 years. DuPont™ Tyvek® Supro is part of the Tyvek® range, which has continued to set the standard globally for building membranes.
Tyvek® Supro Metal
Protect Your Roof with a Metal Roofing Underlay.
DuPont™ Tyvek® Metal is a roofing drainage underlay which drains away the condensation that can build up beneath the cladding on standing seam metal roofs.
Tyvek® Metal roofing underlay is vapour-permeable, yet water-resistant and airtight. When used in combination with genuine Tyvek® accessories it can help to reduce condensation, improve overall airtightness, add thermal efficiency, and protect structural integrity.
Besides allowing condensation beneath stainless steel, aluminium, copper, and zinc roofs to drain away, Tyvek® Metal also reduces sound transmission such as rain clatter, and minimises material stress by permitting a degree of movement between the cladding and the timber beneath.
Key Benefits of DuPont™ Tyvek® Metal
- Allows movement and reduces material stress by providing separation between metal sheets and timber substrate.
- Reduces rain clatter and sound transmission.
Key Properties of DuPontTM Tyvek® Metal
- Style name: 2510B
- Composition: Composite of high density polyethylene, polypropylene nonwoven and open mesh spacer
- Roll size: 1.5m x 25m
- Roll weight: 11.5kg
- Mass per unit area: 350g/m2
- UV exposure: 4 months
- Product/functional layer thickness: 7.40 / 0.22mm
- Water vapour transmission (Sd): 0.03m
- CE marking: Yes
Fitting Tyvek® Metal
Tyvek® Metal roofing drainage underlay is fitted beneath standing seam metal sheet roofs and the underlying timber boarding. The use of 150mm wide timber boarding with 2mm gaps between is recommended.
Product Data Sheets (3)
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Where to Buy Tyvek®
- Roof Underlay Durability
- Navigating Wall Assembly Fire Testing
- NFPA 285 Compliant Wall Assemblies With DuPont™ Tyvek®
- Vapor Permeable or Impermeable Building Envelope Materials, Does It Matter?
- Helpful Links
- Controlling Air Leakage
- Vapor Permeable Or Impermeable
- Understanding High Perm vs. Low Perm
- Truth About Permeability
- The Difference is Tyvek®
Are You Smarter Than Water?
The building industry continues to face litigation for moisture related issues from a failure to design and build forgiving wall systems that can manage moisture that enters the wall cavity. Make sure you use a weather barrier system that does not rely on reverse flashing the window opening and reverse flashing with seam tape as they can create a direct path for water intrusion.