Higher Performing Powertrain & Engine System Components
The drive to reduce emissions and improve fuel economy is urgent, making every powertrain and engine system component a candidate to improve efficiency, integrate function, reduce weight and lower cost – areas where DuPont excels.
Materials play a critical role in helping to reduce emissions, boost fuel economy and improve efficiency in powertrain technologies. DuPont offers the broadest portfolio of materials capable of withstanding today’s harsh engine environments and the most experienced and global development staff to ensure solutions developed today are on the road tomorrow.
- Increasing performance in automotive air ducts and turbocharger hoses
- Leading the metals-to-plastics revolution in transmissions and driveline
- Enhanced durability for extreme environments for sealed engine covers
- Improving powertrain efficiency in charged air coolers
- Thermal management through lighter weight engine cooling systems
DuPont collaborated with Nissan Europe to develop lighter, less expensive engine covers durable enough to replace metal in the Pathfinder® and Navara®.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Bonded Piston Seals for Modern Engines
Technology that boosts efficiency, while reducing the size of gas and diesel engines, is the main route to lower emissions and improved fuel economy.
Powerplant Coolant Systems
PPA materials offer great resistance to hydrolysis and moisture and they are relied upon for cost effective applications such as water inlets/outlets, thermostat housings, water pumps and impellers
- Polymer Properties Guide
- Powering Sustainable Mobility
Zytel® PLUS Performance Data
Zytel® PLUS nylon has the ability to retain properties after heat aging or long term exposure to hot oil and hot water, allows longer part service time, better reliability, and invites more opportunity to replace costly metals or specialty polymers to reduce part cost and lower mass.
- Vamac® Grade Selection
- Supporting Sustainable Mobility
Innovative Ideas for Metal Replacement
DuPont collaborates with customers worldwide to develop innovative metal replacement applications to make cars, planes and other equipment more fuel- and cost-efficient.
Heat Resistant Plastics
DuPont offers a wide range of heat resistant plastics to replace metal, ceramics and other polymers in uses from automotive engines to oil and gas production.
- Automotive Thermal Management
- Jounce Bumper made of DuPont™ Hytrel®